The Perfect School Bag At Last!

Every day I am inching closer and closer to an indescribably fabulous new life in London. STILL NOT SOON ENOUGH.

In the mean time I've been salivating over expensive, sleek-looking, super fancy London bags, and when I went to buy one during a big sale they were out of the color I wanted. I was intensely displeased. There followed several hours of bag tangrams, but nothing I had was big enough for all the stuff I'll need for school. In these situations I usually get upset and start over from scratch; I decided to do a 90's throwback and look at backpacks. I was rooting around in my closet and lo, I discover this beauty!

Fox backpack black


I. LOVE. This bag. My friend Nico gave it to me; she was also rooting around in her closet and didn't need it anymore. So it was free. And it has lots of pockets with multi-colored dots inside, so how could I possibly go wrong?

Fox backpack interior with Macbook


I can't believe I quit using it just because it had a rip in the seam (easily fixed). Not many bags can hold my computer, charger, and water bottle (without being unreasonably large). And this one has so many pockets! LOOK HOW ORGANIZED:

Fox backpack inside pockets

Sigh. Simple pleasures.

Anyway, because I am horribly vain, I've been worrying about how I'll look in London. Part of me is still not over my stupid fear of looking like a tourist, or really American, or a college student. But what's wrong with looking young and sporty and American? I already have an unmistakably American face/attitude (people tell me I smile too much, but am I gonna stop? NOPE!), so I might as well represent and look like a 20-something while I still can. There's plenty of time to look professional when I'm 30 and have a big girl job.

It's a really nice feeling to throw open your closet and find a once- and still-loved item that you thought you had to buy. I've been trying to only buy things that will last, because there's no reason to toss a perfectly good backpack for a really expensive travel bag. Not in my case, anyway. I'm only planning to move with three bags (a suitcase, a duffel bag and my Fox backpack) to avoid unnecessary fees and Heathrow stress, and the more money I save now the more I'll have to spend on drinks, theater tickets, Liberty of London handkerchiefs, and Curzon Soho memberships.

So now that I have abandoned my grand plans to spend a ton of money to look intimidating, I feel free to be myself. This means lots of skinny jeans, Onitsuka Tigers, and my new, also 90's Casio sports watch.

I am ready.

Post a Comment

Copyright © EVE LOVES THINGS
Design by Fearne