Minimalist London Moving List


I did it!!! I moved to London and it is 1000 times more amazing than you can imagine. It is entirely possible that I cried like a huge nerd when I took a bus over the Thames and saw the Eye and Big Ben. Right now I'm getting settled, shaking off the jet lag and doing some exploring so I'll have plenty of London photos to share! But for now I wanted to show you guys what I ended up packing for the trip; you know I've been laying awake all night for six months wondering what would make it into my suitcase.

Since I've lost forty pounds (woooooooooo) I have been able to get a whole new wardrobe, and I decided to stick with neutrals and get things that will last a long time. There's nothing worse than bringing home an awesome new shirt that is somehow already falling apart. Anyway, I thought I would go with a very London color palette so I could blend in with the endless cloud cover. For actual color I have several scarves, some badass electric blue shoes, and plenty of makeup!

Here's the list of pretty much everything I brought with me:


  • 4 jeans
  • 2 leggings
  • 4 shirts
  • 5 tees
  • 4 camis
  • 2 running shirts
  • 2 running leggings
  • 1 running jacket
  • 4 nightgowns
  • 1 robe
  • 1 blazer
  • 5 sweaters
  • 1 raincoat
  • 1 winter coat
  • 4 scarves
  • 1 pair gloves
  • 1 cocktail dress
  • Tons of underwear


  • 1 pair sneaks
  • 1 pair mocassins
  • 1 pair short boots
  • 2 pairs flats
  • 1 pair running shoes


  • Shampoo
  • Face scrub
  • Moisturizer
  • Razors
  • Hairspray
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Nail brush
  • Tweezers
  • Band-Aids
  • Soap


  • 2 foundations
  • 1 powder
  • 1 blush palette
  • 1 bronzer
  • 1 blush
  • 1 concealer
  • 10 brushes
  • 10 lipsticks
  • 3 eyeshadow palettes
  • 1 liquid highlighter
  • 1 brow pencil
  • 1 brow comb
  • 6 lip liners
  • 5 lip glosses
  • 3 mascaras
  • 2 false lashes


  • Macbook Pro
  • iPad Mini
  • Leuchtturm notebook
  • London pocket guide
  • 4 protein bars
  • 2 books
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Travel wallet
  • Whale pen
  • Passport
  • Monay
  • Camera
  • Neck Pillow
  • Planner
  • Filter water bottle

Whew! That's everything. So far I've bought a few things (kettle, bento box, rabbit-shaped night light), but I love only having what I need. Everything is easy to locate and access. No more climbing a step ladder to try to pull down a gigantic plastic tub full of backpacks. Hopefully I won't accumulate too much junk; for the next year (and hopefully for the rest of my life), I want to try to only acquire really awesome things that are well made and well designed. If I have to go without an item until I find the perfect one, so be it! My dorm room and future flats will be the more beautiful for the effort.

Stay tuned for London adventures!! 

Post a Comment

Copyright © EVE LOVES THINGS
Design by Fearne